Things a girl must know when there is a casual dress code at the office.
There are two sides to every coin, I could be working at a very conservative firm who requires business suits every day. But fortunately, that’s not the case. My work environment is casual and I was told I can wear almost anything I want, including jeans. This is also problematic because how do I know what is appropriate and what is “too casual?” SoI wanted to impart my wisdom on what I’ve seen other women wear and add in my own opinion.
- Black is always a safe bet for a bottom, be it a skirt or pant.
- Wedges are a must. If you don’t wear them to the office, bring them to change into. No shame in that.
- Colored pants are ok. I’m talking red, blue, mint, etc. Embrace the trend.
- Don’t draw attention to yourself with an over-the-top outfit. You’ll only feel embarrassed.
- There is going to be people at your office who dress very well, and there are going to be people who dress very bad. Stick to your own style and you’ll be fine.
Just some examples of what I was talking about. I’ll definitely keep adding tips and insight to the list. After all, you learn something new about fashion every day, especially at the office.